24th July 2018
Choosing a phone number for your business whether you are just starting up, or you are considering moving into a new local market can be a very important decision. Not just so potential customers can call you but also, so you rank better on SEO with Google too.
Are you based in Windsor but looking for potential clients in London?
Are you based in Horsham but looking for potential clients in London?
Are you based in Oxford but targeting potential clients in Ascot?
Maybe your business offers services nationwide but feel that an 033 number would benefit the business more than the local 01 or 02 number.
It’s probably fair to say that most of us will have dialled an inbound number or a virtual number at some point, businesses of all sizes use them including:
- Business Consultants
- Web developers & web designers
- Financial Advisors
- Insurance companies
- Telecoms providers in Ascot
You see where we are going with this…?
Depending on the profession you are in, it is not uncommon for business owners to be advertising their personal mobile number on their email signature, business cards and website.
In some cases, that is the only number in use as well.
- How does that reflect on your business though?
- Would it be perceived better for your business to have a landline number, particularly on your website?
- Would it help win business with the bigger clients?
What number options are available?
- Local Virtual Numbers: 01/02 such as 01344 for Ascot
- Virtual Business Numbers: 033
- Virtual Number options for Not for Profit organisations: 030
- Virtual Freephone Numbers: 0800
- We even provide International Toll-Free numbers if you need a presence a bit further afield.
How does it all work?
One of the advantages of inbound number solutions is that you don’t need to have a phone line installed to be able to have a number. In the marketplace, generally all inbound number platforms are cloud-based providing the business owner or business with a huge amount of flexibility regarding what happens to the inbound call.
- For the sole trader in Ascot, the inbound number can forward directly to your mobile.
- For the small business in Horsham, the inbound number can forward directly to your VoIP system or PBX, calls can then be answered accordingly.
- There are solutions available whereby an inbound call can be answered on your mobile and so you know that it’s a business call-there is a feature (one of many) called Audio Whisper that informs you that it’s a business call, so you can answer professionally.
- Time of day routing is also available mean that calls to the inbound number can only be answered between ‘normal’ business hours and calls outside of that period are sent to voicemail which can be received in your email inbox.
Why would my business need an inbound number?
It all depends on the day to day needs of the business. Are you based in Ascot but trying to target businesses in Guildford or Central London-in which case you may need an Guildford 01483 phone number or a London 0203 or 0207 phone number to promote the fact that you have a local number.
033 numbers are proving evermore popular for businesses of all sizes and come in very useful if you have multiple internal departments each with their own specialism or they have been used to supplement marketing campaigns.
Do you need the ability to track the performance of marketing campaigns by assessing the activity against each of the numbers used?
Did the campaign to target businesses in Windsor work better over the campaign to target those in Slough?
How much will it cost me?
In terms of costs, you can expect to pay a small fee every month for the number you select, effectively a rental charge-additional costs may apply depending on the technology that you may need to add such as Audio Whisper or Voicemail to Email.
- Is the number going to point to your mobile?
- Is the number going to point to your Hosted VoIP system or PBX?
- Calls are then charged on a per minute basis
- Contractual requirements will vary on a provider by provider basis, choose terms that work well for you and allow for changes to be made as and when you need them.
- Also look out for a solution that gives you the flexibility to administer the number from a web platform and/or your smartphone.
For further information on how an Inbound number could benefit your business, please contact the team at Keytech Networks for further information.
We help and advise businesses based in the following areas: Ascot, Windsor, Slough, Maidenhead, Reading, Oxford, Guildford, Horsham, Crawley and Southampton to name but a few.